- Shoes for Orphan Souls kicks off next Sunday! During the month of August, FBC will be partnering with Moody Radio to collect NEW shoes, socks and shoelaces for children around the world! You can help by purchasing these in any child/youth size and bringing them to the sanctuary anytime this month. Be aware that this coming weekend (Aug 1-3) is tax free weekend in our area! Pick up a few extra pairs due to savings on no sales tax! You can help a child in need in the Name of Jesus!
- Branson 2014: September 22-26 – Final payments are due by Monday, August 4. We are still looking for a few more riders.
- College Scholarship Fund – Full-time college students who are church members and have successfully completed at least one year of college and are entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year are eligible for a scholarship from FBCSD. Completed applications will be accepted through August 10th. Applications are available in the church office.
- The Recruiting Committee is currently selecting volunteers to serve on church committees and ministry teams for the upcoming church year. If you are currently serving in one of these volunteer positions and do not wish to continue serving next year, please contact Ben Carden (423.242.8686) or Sara Young (423.802.7735).
- Encouragement Notes – If you would like to write Morgan Boutwell a note of encouragement, please use the following address until July 28, 2014. No packages please.
SR Boutwell, Marissa M., Ship 09 Div 243, 3415 Sailor Drive, Great Lakes, IL 60088-3515
- World Changers Chattanooga was incredible! Thank you First Baptist for all you did to help make this project a success. Thank you for feeding 4 crews over the 2 weeks, helping with 2 block parties and helping Bobby at Brainerd Baptist with Community Night and snacks.
- No Fellowship Suppers During the Summer
Contact the church office if you wish to attend. You may also request to be placed on the permanent list.Cost:
- 6th grade - Adult $4.00
- 5 yrs - 5th grade $2.00
- Children under 5 yrs FREE
- Family Cap $14.00