- Volunteers Needed for the New Year – Please let us know if you would be willing to help with these ministries:
- Children’s Church Workers - Please see Sara Young.
- Worship Projection and Audio Team Workers - Please see David Blackburn.
- Deacon Election – The following men were elected to serve as deacons at First Baptist Church, beginning in January: Julian Atwood, Frank Conger, Bo Hentz, Alan Lea, J. R. Raulston, W. V. Roberson and Ron Rogers. There will be a deacon ordination service at 6pm on December 28 for those men who have not been ordained. All ordained deacons and ministers are invited to take part in the ordination council at 4:30 that same day in the Adult 1 assembly room.
- Christmas Eve Service – Come celebrate the birth of Jesus at our special 5pm Christmas Eve Service. There will be no other church activities that evening.
- New Year’s Eve – Welcome in the New Year with a special New Year’s Eve service at 5pm. We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper together.
- Thanks for joining us for Start at the Manger!
- Recent Happenings – Check out some of the recent happenings at FBCSD!
- Pageant Kickoff - Thanks for joining us for the Alive Forever, Amen! Kickoff! If you missed it, sign up by January 31, 2015.
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions – We will receive this special offering throughout the month of December. Our church’s goal is $10,000.
- Poinsettia Tree – Ruby Lowery and the decorating committee would like to thank each one of you that purchased a poinsettia to make our tree possible this year. You may pick up your poinsettia Sunday, December 28.
- Charitable Contributions – Donors must deliver or mail (and postmark) contributions by December 31st in order to claim a charitable contribution for 2014.
- Contact Information – Please keep the church office informed of any address or phone changes. This will keep our records up to date. Please either call the church office (332.2814) or use the Sunday bulletin tear off to contact us.
There will be no fellowship meals at FBC until January 7, 2015.
Contact the church office if you wish to attend. You may also request to be placed on the permanent list.Cost:
- 6th grade - Adult $4.00
- 5 yrs - 5th grade $2.00
- Children under 5 yrs FREE
- Family Cap $14.00