- Shoes for Orphan Souls – Thank you for supporting Shoes for Orphan Souls! We collected 230 pairs of shoes, 315 pairs of socks, and 5 pairs of shoelaces! Remember to pray for those who will be traveling to deliver the shoes and share the Gospel with the children. And continue to pray for each child who receives shoes that they will come to know Christ as Savior and follow Him throughout their lives.
- Feeding America has designated September as Hunger Action Month. Why not make a donation to our own Good Shepherd Food Bank sometime in September. It’s a great way to meet a real need and touch someone’s life in the name of Jesus.
- Child Safety Meeting September 14 – There will be a brief but very important meeting of all First Baptist members that have been screened and cleared to work with our Nursery, Children and Youth. Please meet in the Koinonia Classroom following worship.
- Your presence is requested at the marriage of Molly Kathryn-Ruth Heiss and Cory Jacob Locum Sunday, September 14, at 2pm EST at Flat Top Independent Church, 13616 Jones Gap Road, with a reception following the ceremony.
- Deacon Nominations – Throughout the month of September we will receive nominations for the office of deacon. Deacons are the servant leaders of the church. Please use the form from the bulletin to submit your nominations.
- Tennessee State Missions Offering – September is the month we give a special offering to support ministries throughout Tennessee – ministries to revitalize churches and plant new churches among unreached groups here in our state, to meet human needs and reach underserved people groups. The Golden Offering for Tennessee Missions is a challenge for all Baptists across Tennessee. Our church goal is $500.
- New Carpet – There will be a special question and answer session with the Church Property and Space Management Ministry Team on Sunday, September 21, at 5pm, in the Sanctuary, to discuss new carpet and flooring for the Sanctuary.
- Contact Information – Please keep the church office informed of any address or phone changes. This will keep our records up to date. Please either call the church office (332.2814) or use the Sunday bulletin tear off to contact us.
September 17, 2014
- Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Mac 'n' Cheese, Rolls, Dessert
Contact the church office if you wish to attend. You may also request to be placed on the permanent list.Cost:
- 6th grade - Adult $4.00
- 5 yrs - 5th grade $2.00
- Children under 5 yrs FREE
- Family Cap $14.00